As we begin to reopen our churches, there will be a number of measures and precautions at the church:
Before you come to church:
- Please try to inform us that you are coming. You can do so via the online form.
- We advise that you wear a mask.
- Do not come to church if you or anyone in your household has confirmed or suspected COVID-19, or is otherwise self-isolating.
- Attending church is the visitor’s decision alone. Those at extra risk and those who are ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ should be advised of the risks of attending public worship.
When you arrive at church:
- You may need to wait in a queue before you can enter. Please observe 2m social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the door.
- We will register all who attend, and may ask you for additional contact details. (This is so that we can provide details of our visitors to NHS Test and Trace, if requested.)
- You will be shown to your seat by a sidesperson.
- Movement around the church will be via a one-way system.
During the service:
- There will be no singing. (This is because of the potential for increased risk of transmission from aerosol and droplets.)
- Communion will be completely optional, and only the bread will be distributed.
After the service:
- There will be no refreshments.
- You should leave church promptly when the service is over.
- Take care to remain socially distanced as you leave. This may be overseen by a sidesperson.
- Again, hand sanitiser will be available at the door.
When you get home:
- Prepare to come again next Sunday! Services currently alternate between Orsett and Horndon.
- If you or anyone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19 within 21 days of attending, then it is vital that you let us know by calling 01375 891254 or letting a warden of the relevant church know.