The Church of England has recently released guidance for churches on their response to the recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which includes hygiene in church, and the adoption of continuity plans. You can see it in full here.
- We have suspended offering refreshments after church, or breakfasts, lunches or coffee mornings.
- We are asking people to wash their hands in the washbasin with soap, on arrival at church or sanitise them with hand gel.
- The priests are washing their hands before and after distributing communion.
- In addition to receiving only in one kind, the bread, people need to receive communion standing up so as not to touch the communion rail and pass on infection that way.
- No collection plate will be passed round. We will just have a retiring collection.
- There will be no shaking of hands at all and in the Peace we will do sign language.
- There will be a box of tissues at the entrance and a bin in which to put used tissues.
- People handling cash are asked to do this wearing gloves, so I have ordered some gloves for this purpose.
Please stay updated by checking hobnob.org.uk/coronavirus for all further HOBNOB updates relating to coronavirus.Find out how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus. Learn more nhs.uk/coronavirus